After you file

This is the first time Ive gotten the PATH message. Does it affect anything? I'm curious.

After you file

Following

After you file

@hard23 : No, it's just indicating that your refund is being held due to the PATH Act. Some people with credits get it, some don't . It's basically informative. 

After you file

Hi Everyone!!

My return was accepted 1/27.

I too have the Path message.

I checked my transcripts and they are just like last year.

It shows the refund for 2-21-20

Last year it obviously was off by one day.

Monday the 18th it updated last year with a deposit of the 2-22-19

Thankfully my bank shows pending deposits immediately, and I had access to it that Wednesday.

So I expect mine to update Monday the 17th with a deposit date of 2-21 which is what my transcript show.

I have had my refund show in my bank before WMR ever showed a deposit date every year.

Anonymous
Not applicable

After you file

That is correct. In an attempt to protect individual tax filers, the IRS enacted the PATH act. So there is need to worry if you fall in that category of tax filers.

After you file

Filed 1/25

Accepted 1/27

One bar no update since accepted. EITC.

Also,

On the Sbtpg it's showing my refund amount being received by the IRS. Does that mean it's going to DD once path act is lifted? 

After you file

@DadOf4 Do you mean it is showing that SBTPG is showing that they received the refund? If so, you could get it any time now. They will send it to your bank, probably today and if your bank doesnt hold it until the deposit date, you get it.

But if you mean that it's just showing your refund amount, the answer is no, you get it after SBTPG gets it and sends it to your bank and your bank makes it available. 

After you file

What exactly is SBTPG I have read alot of comments but ive never heard of it can you only use it if you pay for turbo tax? Just curious. 

After you file

@rhood711  

It shows my refund amount in the top box and when I click on "what's this mean?" It says "deposits TPG has received- typically by the IRS and state" and below that it shows the advance I received to be deducted.

Hope that clarified what I meant.😊

After you file

From what ive heard, thats correct. But if you had the "free" TT then it wont work either. Just from what I've read others say. 

After you file

@DadOf4. can you use it if you file for free??

After you file

@DadOf4. Okay thank you was just wondering.

After you file

My processing date is 2-17-2020. I know it’s a holiday Monday so the IRS will be closed but my process is the same from last year so I probably will get it by the the 25th. I checked my transcripts and account and I don’t have the 846 code yet.

After you file

@DadOf4 If you go back on the website, there is an "expected refund amount" and a "received amount" if you scroll over. Mine currently says the expected amount, but says $0 for received. What is your received amount?

After you file

@Taya2012. My TT is also saying 2/17 but thats the basic 21 days so I don't think that is right wheres my refund is only saying recieved and have topic 152 its been on recieved since 1/31 hopefully we know more tomorrow.