BillR3
Returning Member

Tax Refund Status

Filed 2018 return 03/16/19 got message it was accepted from turbo tax. Still haven't received refund only a notice that there was a delay which was 6 months ago. IRS website is an endless loop totally useless. It used to say that my refund was in progress now no information is available. Any suggestions

DavidD66
Expert Alumni

After you file

You should contact the IRS. 

Before you call, make sure you know or have the following information handy:

• Social Security cards and birth dates for those who were on the return you are calling about
  • An Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) letter if you don’t have a Social Security number (SSN)
  • Filing status – Single, Head of Household, Married Filing Joint or Married Filing Separate
  • Your prior-year tax return. We may need to verify your identity before answering certain questions
  • A copy of the tax return you’re calling about
  • Any letters or notices we sent you

IRS phone numbers

Customer service representatives are available Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. local time, unless otherwise noted. Residents of Alaska and Hawaii follow Pacific time. Puerto Rico phone lines are open 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. local time.

Individuals:

800-829-1040

Businesses:

800-829-4933

People with hearing impairments:

800-829-4059 (TDD) See Tax Topic 102.

Exempt organizations, retirement plan administrators, and government:

877-829-5500 (Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. local time)

Estate and gift:

866-699-4083 (Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Eastern time; Forms 706 United States Estate (and Generation-Skipping Transfer) Tax Return and 709, United States Gift (and Generation-Skipping Transfer) Tax Return only)

Excise tax function:

866-699-4096 (Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Eastern time)

If you live outside the United States

Hours of availability vary by location. Please see our International Services page.

Face-to-face assistance

In certain areas, the IRS has local offices you may visit to receive assistance. All offices operate by appointment.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
BillR3
Returning Member

After you file

I have tried those suggestions and can't get past the automated system it appears to be an endless loop. The automated system only provides a canned answer and nothing specific to my return.

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

After you file

If you need to contact the IRS, please try using the information in the article below.

How Do I Contact the IRS?

Please keep in mind, when calling the IRS do NOT choose Option 1.   

Choose Option 2 after you choose the language.   

Then Press 1    

Then Press 3   

Then Press 2, it will then transfer you to an agent. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"