Will I be getting a refund from my renters rebate?

After you file

We cannot see your screen, your tax return or your account.  We do not know what state you are asking about, and we do not know what --if anything-- you did to file for the rent rebate.  What state?

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

After you file

I live in Vermont and had help getting to the form for the renters rebate. But it doesn't show that I'm getting a rebate. Why? I most definitely qualify. Is there something else I need to do such as print the form and mail it in?

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

After you file

No, you don't have to print the form and mail it in.

If you have entered all of your information into the TurboTax program under the state interview questions, the software will calculate the amount of the Renter's Rebate you are entitled to. 

Go back through your state section. 

If you have met all of the requirements to claim the renter's credit, you will see the following example screen:

Example renters rebate claim

Please see the following information to ensure you do qualify for the credit:

Renter's credit qualifications

Be sure to enter all of the information requested to obtain the credit.  I may just be that one more question needs to be answered in order to generate the credit.

Note that the Renter's Credit does not get processed with the income tax return but is done separately. 

Payments are issued separately.  Please see the attached instructions for additional information.  

Vermont Renters credit instructions

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Shir3009

After you file

Will I get a renter refund