Why is it that Turbotax has not sent my return to the IRS and it's being held in a queue? I have several friends that filed yesterday with Turbotax and got accepted within 30 minutes. I filed on the

After you file

That's a very common question in January each year.    It sounds like your friends are among the few whose returns have been pulled early by the IRS for testing purposes.  For most people the 24-48 hour clock to get an acceptance or rejection notice won't start until January 27, when the IRS ramps up to retrieve returns from TurboTax, as I'll explain below.

When you efiled, did you go all the way to the final screen and click a big orange button that says "Transmit My Returns Now?"

If you successfully efiled, then log back into your Online Account.  At the Tax Home page what is shown for the status?    Does it say "pending?"

If it says your efile status is still "pending", that would be normal at this point in early filing season.   Be aware that the IRS doesn't open up to officially start processing returns until January 27.   For most people, if you efile before then, your return will sit on TurboTax servers until the IRS retrieves it on Jan. 27 (except for a few returns that are pulled early for testing purposes.)    So most people won't know until after January 27 whether the return is accepted or rejected.    Once accepted, that is when processing will actually begin and the 24-48 hour clock will start. 

And if you have a Federal refund, then wait at least 24 hours after it is accepted, and it should show up in the IRS "Where's My Refund" tool where you can monitor its progress.

Andress1966
Returning Member

After you file

I dont know what it is to send you to the last page to send your return. But you people must not have it conveinant enough to figure out . what the hells wrong with yall

After you file

@ Andress1966 wrote:

I dont know what it is to send you to the last page to send your return. But you people must not have it conveinant enough to figure out . what the hells wrong with yall

This is mainly a user community forum, not a direct route to TurboTax Support.   The answer above was for the threadowner and may or may not apply to you.   Without any explanation or details we have no idea what "your" situation is.    I see you have started a thread of your own, and I have left you some info there. 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/yalls-bleep-up-site-didnt-explain-about-back-butt...

As you'll see there, I asked you to provide some additional info to figure out what you are talking about and what you'll need to do.   To avoid confusion and redundancy, please use your thread you started for any continued discussion.