chalet0309
Returning Member

When will the refund advance be available for those with child credits?

After you file

No one gets the loan until their return is accepted, and the IRS starts to accept on Jan. 27.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2938482-how-do-i-take-a-picture-of-my-w-2-in-turbotax-online

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

After you file

I understand that. I am just wondering if those that claim child credits will have to wait longer for the advance since the irs won't begin processing those until mid February. 

After you file

It is not that the IRS will not start processing returns with the additional child tax credit; it is that they will not issue refunds before mid-February if you are getting EIC or additional child credit. Not the same thing.  Even if they have processed your return they hold the refund.

The loan information does not make any reference to holding the loans if you are getting child credits.

So be on the lookout after Jan. 27 when your return could be accepted.  The loan could be released shortly after that.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

After you file

Thank you!