Ultimate system may have transposed my information incorrectly. I JUST got a letter saying I owe $750. I think maybe skipped a line? But wow. How do I get this fixed?

Nmoylan14

After you file

ME TOO! I'm freaking out. Mine is saying I owe $725. Just received it tonight.

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

After you file

What are you referring to as "ultimate system"? UltimateTax is software for professional tax preparers. Are you a tax professional? This forum is for users of TurboTax. If you used other software, you have to look elsewhere for support for the software that you used.

If you used TurboTax, what do you mean by skipping a line?

Who is the letter from: IRS? State tax department? (If state, what state?)

What year is the letter about?

What reason does the letter give that you owe $750?

Did you purchase Audit Defense for the year in question?

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

After you file

@Nmoylan14  Please post a new separate question of your own, and provide details about the letter that you received. Your situation might be completely different from jordansalazar503's situation. It's too confusing to deal with two separate problems in one thread.

After you file

@jordansalazar503 

@Nmoylan14 

Was the letter from the Oregon tax department ?

(if not...which state?   or was it the IRS/Feds)

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

After you file

@SteamTrain @Nmoylan14 

My amount is $725.55 to be exact I was rounding due to limit of space on original question which is why I couldn't make it too clear to what I was trying to get at. 

I did get this through Oregon Department of Revenue and it states that I claimed higher taxes paid and exceeded the Max which is where the Audit came in. Wouldn't the system catch that as a red flag though?

The Ultimate system is what our work has which transposes our tax information over to TurboTax to make it "simple". This was the only reason I went through Turbo Tax because in the past I have always gone to another Taxing company for processing. I didn't have to do much entering since the system inputted everything for me just of traditional questions but I don't recall red flags of any sort. Everything went through, my refund was a little higher but I believe it was due to my Salary increase/Job Change so didn't think much of it plus I have never owed more than a $1.00 (literally $1.00). Not sure who can assist but I have 30 days from receiving the letter to pay that amount.

Nmoylan14

After you file

That’s the exact letter I received as well and exact amount. I’m single and have the most taxes taken out so that I never owe. I’ve been directed to call turbo tax on Tuesday (they are closed on weekend and Monday) so that I can use my home computer and download their system and figure out what happened.