Mkissley

100% Accurate Expert Approved Guarantee

I have a question about the 100% Accurate Expert Approved Guarantee. Which states If you pay an IRS or state penalty (or interest) because of an error that a TurboTax CPA, EA, or Tax Attorney made while providing topic-specific tax advice, a section review, or acting as a signed preparer for your return, we'll pay you the penalty and interest

Well I just received a letter in the mail today from the IRS saying my 2017 tax information was entered in incorrectly and I owe them money back and have to pay a penalty. I have copies of my tax forms from 2017 and I used the turbo tax auto fill where I take the picture and it automatically fills in all the information from my w2 form. What should I do at this point? And who would I contact about this? 

After you file

A "picture" of a W-2 does not guarantee that the information will be transferred correctly.  It is your responsibility to verify the imported information for correctness.   The accuracy guarantee covers software calculations and does not cover imports that you did not check and verify for correctness against the actual W-2.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**