Johnxctp

After you file

I’ve read through this thread, and still seem to be coming up empty-handed on how to get my refund - still hasn’t come and we filed in Feb. We received the “give us 60 days” letter back in May, which says if they don’t contact us after the 60 days then give them a call at the number given at the end of the letter - there was no phone number listed.

I checked the status of the e-file, and it says “approved”. I call the IRS 800 number, but now when you select “other questions” it says “we no longer provide assistance for this option”. I select other options just to talk to someone, wait an hour, then get told they can’t help me cause it’s “refund” and not “payment”. Then they send me back to the automated hampster wheel. 

I call the tax advocate number, wait the hour to talk to them, and the moment I say “IRS refund” they interrupt me and say “oh this is an IRS issue” then immediately route me back to the hampster wheel. It’s driving me nuts! Can anyone help me find the right person to talk to?!?