Level 3
This widget could not be displayed.

After you file

I filed my sons taxes .  He started working , so he needed to file .  I used turbo tax online for his and they excepted them .  With he taking himself as a deduction .  A while later i filed my taxes electronically, using the program on my  computer .  When the program auto filled it put my son as a dependent .  When I sent the taxes , the IRS did not except them because of him being a dependent .  So I went into the program and it said that, that was the problem . So I took him off as a dependent & resent them electronically .  The IRS excepted them and issued me a refund .  My son is applying for financial aid at collage .  The collage sent for a tax transcript of the taxes.  Well the IRS sent them the transcript of my taxes h

with my son as a dependent .  How do I get them to fix that , because if I go back into the program .  It shows him as not being a dependent .

Level 20
This widget could not be displayed.

After you file

That is not possible if you took him off to get Accepted.  Maybe they got the transcript for 2017 or prior when you did claim him?  Must be for a prior year.