After you file

I filed the end of Jan and I am still waiting as well.
mauseth1

After you file

Same here! Still waiting on our injured spouse tax return. Filed in beginning of April and called and had a memo added and a supposed phone call within 30 days? Still no phone call. How do I contact the congressional office?

After you file

I did a Google search for the Congress representative for my district. You can find that based on your address online. They did end up referring me to a state representative, but, they were super helpful. granted, I still have not heard anything about my return. But, I feel like this is the quickest way to try to get an answer. That would be a good starting place. Good luck! I know how frustrating this all is.
Dare

After you file

It's sort of comforting to hear that I am not the only one still waiting after 4-5 months since filing my Injured Spouse form.

I filed in February 2019.

The state took out their due payment from my bank account on April 15 with no delay and I'm just waiting on my federal return to offset it - any day now.

After you file

I'm in the same boat! So did you receive your state taxes shortly after you filed a injured spouse form? Would it be direct deposited into my bank account the same as my federal after I filed an injured spouse form? I filed mine the first week of March. Still no word.

After you file

I also sent out the IS form early march and after sitting on hold and hanging up multiple times I just gave up once I posted on here and seen that people were being told they were backed up and to wait 30 days etc but have yet to receive anything in the mail about my return so I tirelessly searched and found a different number with an extension and called just after 7am today and the wait time was only 2-4 minutes thank God but she said they had no record of our IS form and to send it to the Fresno office even though the instructions say to send it to your local office but she said that there is no processing office in Ohio so idk what happened but we've been waiting since march for absolutely nothing smh
I found the number on a different site because they keep deleting them on here when you post one that's not the main one but hopefully it gets by and everyone can get through as quickly as I did.. She said that theres four call centers with 400 people taking calls all day but that as soon as California comes online at 9am its Basically impossible to get through anything short of an hour so call early lol all of their numbers start out the same way but this one ends with OhFive8Too and when it says if you were given an x tension enter ()Siiixxx5Tooooo() lemme know if that works and if it's still somehow deleteedddd give me your email and I'll hook you up lol

After you file

Hi there,
Same exact situation for us. If you create an account on the irs website you can find your transcripts. I logged in and found out my husband is getting his injured spouse back and when it was issued. Hope this helps! (Also it does look like he will be getting interest according to the transcript!)

After you file

Hi, when did you file? And when did you find out when it was issued? I have been checking my transcript almost daily. The status has not changed.
Jtsgirl1999
Returning Member

After you file

I have been waiting over 18 weeks. I gave them the first 12 weeks before I started calling even though I electronically filed. Called again today to find out they just reassigned me to a new auditor. And are saying it could take up to 45 days to approve or disapprove my claim. I have had my state check for over 3 weeks. Usually I owe and they make sure to put my check through the bank within 2 or 3 days. I surely hope they're going to be paying me interest for the time they've been using my money.
Mia2

After you file

Hi , 

I m in the same boat as you all but havent received a letter as to it being approved or not . What website are you checking the status on ?

After you file

Did you ever get your refund? If so, how many week? Mine is over 15 weeks now.

After you file

If you go to the irs website you can make an account. From there you can access your transcript. We received the check 2 days after the transcript read “refund issued”

After you file

We did! It ended up being about 16 weeks start to finish.

After you file

The file date is listed as April 15th even though we filed it before then. It says on the transcript that’s the date they count from (which was annoying but made the sense with the timeline) The transcript is the best way to see where you are in the process because it gets updated any time someone opens the account to work on it. Hope this helps! We received our check in the mail 3 days after the transcript listed refund issued. It also included interest.

After you file

The same thing happened for us. They deposited our check immediately. We also filed in February but on the transcript it says they count from April 15th no matter when you submitted it. Hope this helps!