nam418

Where's my refund says there is a delay with a reference number 1541. What does that mean?

KaseyD

After you file

1541 is an an internal code that the IRS uses to identify returns that
have been "Delayed". The doesn't mean there is something wrong with your
 return, it could simply be that the IRS has an overflow of returns at
this time and is behind schedule on issue refunds. There are different
reasons accounting for the 1541 reference number.Also if you claimed the EIC or the child tax credit then those returns will not start to be processed until after the 15th of February.You can also contact the IRS directly mention the reference the code 1541 to them.

Use the link below to get the contact number for the IRS.

https://www.irs.gov/uac/irs-offers-new-toll-free-numbers-to-assist-taxpayers

View solution in original post

brebt

After you file

Those are not true. I have no offsets, even called the treasury dept and confirmed this but I still have a take action on my wmr and reference of 1541
KaseyD

After you file

Did you claim the EIC or Child Tax Credit?
brebt

After you file

No i did not. I called them today though and they didn't really give me much information, they just told me because i had received a 4883c form and verified myself the week before, that i wont be able to check WMR right now and that's what the delay is but that they will begin releasing funds on 02/15/2017 even if you did not claim the EIC or child tax credit

After you file

But you're still not able to check wmr??
brebt

After you file

Exactly. If I check wmr it just says there has been a delay in processing, if you have questions call and reference 1541 which the IRS agents had no idea what that was about since I don't have any offsets or EIC. They pretty much said If there's no error code I shouldn't worry about anything and at this point it's just a waiting game 😕 I'll keep y'all updated though!
brebt

After you file

Update. After calling several times I still was getting the same answer and was told to wait the 9 week turn around time that the tax payer protection gave me or until I receive anything in the mail from IRS. I felt so defeated but checked WMR at like 5am on 2/18/17 and it now shows my refund was approved and gives me a DD date for next week 🙂
luvmyfmly

After you file

I just spoke with a representative ( received the same code) and he asked if I claimed the child tax credit. I told him I did and I filed on January 27, 2017. He told me to continue to check the WMR website as it is updated daily and if I don't see a change by February 27, 2017 to call back.
luvmyfmly

After you file

***Update on reference code 1541***
Received a letter in the mail stating I have 10 days to file 2011 taxes or the IRS will do it for me. Funds will not be released until I file.

After you file

I got the same thing for 2013 taxes. I have to file those returns. Once you file past tax returns, do they release this year's refund?

After you file

My return status says Take Action Refund Delay call ext 321

After you file

Mine says the same. 1541 dial ext 312

After you file

I called and there's bn no letter issued..did u receive one?
jep655

After you file

Do any one of you have any updates?? @beka6840 @tn.green1 @christinep214 I've had this message for a month. Been told different things by the IRS. One rep told me there were no issues & to wait it out. Another told me I would receive a letter by 3/1/17; I did not. I've always filed, no offsets. So I don't know what it could be! I just want to know SOMETHING.