ckwells

I'm trying to amend my return. When I get to the end, the 1040X does not populate. No original numbers, no revised, no difference. Ideas?

After you file

What is the reason you are amending?

After you file

Did you ever file the original return ?  If yes has it been fully processed yet ?   If yes you need to undo the changes  and start the amendment process correctly ...

How to amend (change or correct) a return you already filed

You can amend returns that have been accepted by the IRS. If your return is pending, you won't be able to make any changes until it's accepted or rejected by the IRS. If you don't know your e-file status, we can help you check it.

Select a tax year for specific amending instructions.

Keep in mind: You have 3 years from the date you filed your return (or 2 years after you paid the tax due, whichever is later) to file an amended return, which means you don't have to get it done by the April 15 filing deadline.

Gaph

After you file

hey there, I have been experiencing the same thing and working on solving it for several weeks now. the best conclusion I have found is that there is no net change in my taxes and so the software does not feel the need to populate the 1040x.

So I am wondering what you concluded with your experience?

Help much appreciated.