burbmax

I received a letter from IRS yesterday stating they need 60 more days to send a complete response. It states taxpayer ID number * LTR 2645C What does this mean?

This letter doesn't state the entire Taxpayer ID number, however it does give a "In reply refer to: (Then states numbers) also gives a control number. It states form 1040 on it. The backside of the letter states "Sincerely Yours, Integrity & Verification Operations. When I called IRS they wouldn't help by looking the numbers up and transferred my call to "accounts" then discounted the call. 

JohnW15
Intuit Alumni

After you file

You can try contacting the IRS again at the number they provided, but unfortunately, there's nothing else for you to do at this point -- you're pretty much at the IRS' mercy.  Unless the IRS requests specific additional information from you, there is nothing that you need to -- or can -- do.

During return processing, the government reviews your return and, during this review process, it looks for math errors on your return, which are very rare in TurboTax.  It also checks to see if you owe any back taxes, unpaid child support, or other debts.

If they need to make any corrections, they may reduce your refund or, in some cases, even increase your refund.

Once that's done, the IRS will approve your refund, which will mean that it's ready to be deposited or sent.  At that point the IRS site will update with your direct deposit date, if that's the method of refund that you requested.

You can still continue to check the status of your return on the IRS' Where's My Refund?  website.

View solution in original post