After you file

I just got a another letter from IRS saying that they are verifying my return. In it could take up to 60 days to complete review. Did anyone else get a letter saying this?

gucci6good 4 hours ago

After you file

@gucci6good I received a letter also saying it can take additional 60 days but on my transcript it say additional action pending 3-25-19 been saying that since the 18th

After you file

@gucci6good . I went to an IRS office on March 4th to verify. I have EIC as well, and I received my return on March 14, 2019

After you file

did anyone verify online? It only asked me a few questions like my AGI and the last 4 numbers of my bank account. I thought I needed all of my paperwork to verify it.

After you file

Ok. So I filed on January 25 2019 and of course the IRS accepted it on the 29th. So I waited the 24 hours and it said received. A few days later I got the message"we cannot provide any info with alTax topic 152

So when I called I was told I was told to  use extension 362. So when I finally got on the line with a human, she made me answer some questions trying to verify my identity. However I didn't pass. She then told me I should wait the full 21 days before calling back. 

So after the 21 days I called back. They asked me if I received a letter I hadn't received it.  However , she told me that I would have to go into one of the offices to do an Identity Verification . So my appt. Was on Monday March 4, 2019. I went and verified my identity.  She said allow up ro 9 weeks. However today I have my orange bars back and a refund date of March, 13 2019.

After you file

I verified mine over the phone on March 4th. Did you have bars before this is. Or was you just receiving the message 9001. I am still checking wmr and getting the same stupid messeage.

After you file

I didnt have bars before this. Same message as you have

After you file

robross1982 do you have bars now or still that same message?

After you file

I have bars now with ddd of 3/14/19
ilj92

After you file

I filed Feb 10th. Didn't receive my letter until March 5th. I called and verified March 6th. I'm currently still receiving the same message. Should I really expect to wait the 8 weeks?

After you file

Robross1982 Thank you! I have a similar situation. I was verified at a local office yesterday and waiting on my bar to reflect something. I see that in your situation, it was around 5 days. I will give some time. But this is very stupid of IRS IT department, they can have a better message which can be useful and not panicking rather than not found info.

After you file

They told me 9 weeks. I verified on the 4th. Got my deposit on the 13th.

After you file

I really have no clue why they say 9 weeks. That's insane. If everything is verified, you'll get it in 10 days or so
ilj92

After you file

Omg. I called this morning to see what the process is. The man I spoke with was extremely rude and said that I should've been told when I verified, about the 9 week waiting period. Fingers crossed. I waited a whole month for the damn letter.

After you file

Hang in there a few days you should have it @ilj92 !!