jane4

Why are my federal and state return documents appear different from "My Docs" and "Download/print return"?

I e-filed my federal tax and has been "accepted" by IRS. However, when I tried to download the document for my safe keeping, it appeared to be my old record from "Download/print return". The correct version was found in "My Docs", which is the same that I viewed before e-filing my return. Thus, which of the form that was transmitted to IRS?

After you file

With different methods of printing and different copies due to timing, I realize it is confusing to determine which version was e-filed.

To download/print the updated tax return(s) you already filed, please review the following instructions:

1. If you are using TurboTax Online, sign in to the appropriate TurboTax account.
  2. On the screen where you see "Way to go! You filed your 2017 taxes" scroll down until you see a blue Add a State button and select it.
  3. You should be on a screen that welcomes you back to TurboTax. To the right, there is a button that states Print/Save my Documents. Select this button.
  4. You should now be on a screen titled TurboTax Print Center. Select Print, save or preview this year's return.
  5. Select the checkbox next to the 2017 return you want to print or view. Then select the View or print forms button. See attached screenshot.

If those instructions are unhelpful, please review the following link but instead of selecting Take me to my return, you may have to select Add a State under Your tax returns & documents just to get back into the return area: How do I print a copy of my TurboTax Online return before filing?

Either method described above should print the updated tax return(s) that has been e-filed and it should agree to the correct version you found in My Docs.

View solution in original post