I have a return that is being reviewed

My return posted it was being reviewed on February the 22nd I got a letter in the mail a well after that. They asked me to send in all information that they asked for. I sent everything in by fax through H&R Block.i got another letter 14 days later stating they received my information and the information is under review also. Well 16 days has passed and I called them and spoke with someone who said all my information was correct but I have to wait until it is properly reviewed. My question is after they accept it will they send me a letter they accept it and if so will the irs to go app change the status of my return to show me when I’ll be getting the return?

After you file

Yes, they will send you a letter confirming they have reviewed your return and what they concluded.

Where's My Refund will be updated, likely before you receive the letter. 

View solution in original post

After you file

I also got pulled feb 15th n called the 22. N said i shld be receiving a letter and also said if i dont have anything by march 30. got the letter march 5th.. called today n was told i got pulled for a second review.. n if their nothing by april 10th to call back.. talk about frustrated
flacco208

After you file

I got pulled feb 12 faxed info feb 13th told March 12th more time another letter saying it will be complete by 7/3/18 if they dont need any more info...
tamfred1

After you file

I filed feb. 3rd. My tax return has been under review for 60 days since march 17th. I have not heard anything from IRS!  I need my tax return ASAP!  What do I do?

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

After you file

Unfortunately, you may have wait a bit longer.

The IRS issues a lot of refunds within 21 days, but it has been taking longer with the stimulus payment being issued in addition to the tax refunds. 

IRS processing time and refund status 

The online link is your best option to track your refund.  I have attached a link with more answers from the IRS as to why your refund may be taking longer to process.

Federal refund questions

Also, be aware, the IRS operations are limited during the Covid-19 pandemic.  Attached is a link with more information as to what departments are available to contact at the moment.

IRS operations

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"