New Member

I want to prepare 2018 1040es, after I have submitted my 2017 return. How do I get to the “take me to my return” on the main menu? This option is not shown.

Level 9

After you file

If you have already filed, you won't see the Take me to my return button any longer. To get back into the return, use the steps below. 

  • Log into your account and click Tax Home to the left
  • Scroll down and click Show More next to Your tax returns & documents
  • Then click Add a state (not adding one, just a way to get back in return)
  • Then click Federal to the left 
  • And click Other Tax Situations at the top 
  • Scroll down and click Start/Revisit next to Form W-4 and Estimated Taxes under the Other Tax Forms section

Or once you are inside the return again, follow steps here How do I print estimated tax vouchers for my 2018 taxes? and ignore number 1 there. 

View solution in original post