I was approved today for a direct deposit date of 2\22. However it says on WMR that I have a 203 tax topic refund offset. I called a 800 number and I have no offset.help

I dont owe child support, unemployment or anything like that
Carl
Level 15

After you file

Unfortunately, nobody in this forum or at TurboTax can assist you with this. The IRS does not share your tax info or offset information with anyone. Ever. You have no choice but to take it up with the IRS on Monday when the office opens, and you can call the offset number again.

After you file

I have the exact same situation and the same deposit date. The 800 said the same thing to me and I had none. My husband called to see if he had offsets yesterday as well and he has two offsets so the system is working even if its the weekend. He and I file seperately so his offset has nothing to do with what this is.

After you file

Mine did the same thing

After you file

Mine is the exact same thing

After you file

Mine is doing the same thing.. Has anyone has theirs deposited yet?

After you file

Ok this is to help you all out a lil.  Just my advice from my experience.  I received tax topic 203 and I was shocked because I have been doing my own taxes for years with no problem.  No debts that I knew of.  First time having a problem.  So I did some research and found out why amd who would offset your taxes with a tax topic 203. Child support,  Department of Education,  DSHS (Welfare),  State Income Tax,  Unemployment.  So here is what I did.  If I know I went to college, lete call the Department of Education to see if I owe, if I received Welfare let me call them etc.  etc.  I had to do this because when I called that 1800 number I had no debts!  From doing research I found out that if the amount they took from you , covered your debt it wont say that debt on the offset number when you call.  This story has a happy ending.  Received my refund on 2/22 like WMR stated minus the money that I owed.  Which I found out that was from overissuance of Food Stamps when I called DSHS. I hope this experience helps other people.
amay1982

After you file

Did you recieve the amount the wmr said? Are did it take it from the amount on your wmr