kosicks

2017 fed return was transmitted and accepted. why can I only print out the 2 pages of 1040a but none of the worksheets or summaries?

After you file

Did you download the PDF from "Your Tax Returns & Documents?"   Sometimes, at least in past years, that PDF has lagged behind some PDFs that are available inside the program. 

I'm going to tell you two other ways to print.  See if one of the other PDFs has all the forms and worksheets.

NOTE:  When you open your return back up, do not make any changes in it.

• Log in and go to "Your Tax Returns & Documents."  Click that line or on the word SHOW to expand that section.
  • Choose 2017 tax year.
  • Click on "Add a State."  (you don't really add one.  That's just to open your return back up.)
  • Once the return opens there are 2 possible approaches.
  • Is there a place on the page that says "Print/Save My Documents?"  If so, click that.
  • On the next page choose "Print, save, or view this year's return."
  • The next screen should offer 3 options:  "Just my tax returns", or "include government worksheets (optional)", or "include government and TurboTax worksheets (optional.)"
  • See if one of those PDFs has your return with clear forms without the watermark.
  • If after you opened the return back up, there was no page that said "Print/Save My Documents" as described above, then do this:
  • While the return is open, click in the left menu column on TOOLS, then PRINT CENTER.
  • Then choose "Print, save, view this year's return."
  • The next screen should offer 3 options:  "Just my tax returns", or "include government worksheets (optional)", or "include government and TurboTax worksheets (optional.)"
  • See if one of those PDFs has your return with clear forms without the watermark.

NOTE:  Do NOT use this method to open a return to make changes/edits to an already-filed return (one that has actually been mailed or efiled.)   If you later need to make changes to an already-filed return, you have to go through the formal amending process, and your return must start off exactly as originally filed.

View solution in original post

kosicks

After you file

Surprising that one has to go to "add a state", as thankfully in my case, there is no state income tax in Florida.  When I got to where the 3 options were supposed to appear they were not there.  All that was there was  "2017 Federal Return" which I clicked on and then I got the three options.  Thank you, thank you epo39b, I now have a hard copy of my return with all worksheets and summaries.

After you file

You're welcome.  Good luck.