Can you please tell me why my bank is still not showing my returns when my tracking says it has been accepted and completed for awhile now?

My federal and state tax returns have been accepted and intuit shows the tracking is completed, but the deposits haven’t shown in my bank account... what now?

After you file

Accepted and completed does not mean it has been deposited.

First, Go to https://sa.www4.irs.gov/irfof/lang/en/irfofgetstatus.jsp  to see if the IRS has posted a deposit date for you.

If it is more than 5 days past the date the IRS says they deposited your money, call your bank. There is always a possibility that your bank account info was incorrect.

If your bank has not received the refund amount, call the IRS.  In the event the IRS has not been able to deposit your refund into your bank account, they will eventually notify you and will send you a check in the mail.

They are slow to notify you and you may have a check in the mail before you ever receive IRS notice about this.

But you may call to verify.  1-800-829-1040

https://www.irs.gov/refunds/get-your-refund-faster-tell-irs-to-direct-deposit-your-refund-to-one-two...

TurboTax Premier 2017

After you file

Yes funds were to be credited to my account  march 30, 2020 and nothing my bank says nothing is pending but noone to talk to at irs during this time due to covid 19

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

After you file

If your direct deposit information was incorrect, the IRS will mail you a check at the address that was used on your tax return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Cfarley88
Returning Member

After you file

I have the same problem as the above user. It says they direct deposited mine on 4/1/20, and my bank has nothing. I triple checked that my account information was correct. So why is my bank showing nothing of the return?  Can't call the IRS cause of covid-19

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

After you file

After 5 business days please call your financial institution to see if there was an issue with your deposit. 

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/refund-timing

Cfarley88
Returning Member

After you file

I waited 10 business days and my bank said there was no deposit sent to them. Is there a maximum refund amount that the IRS will direct deposit?  If so, what is the amount?

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

After you file

@Cfarley88 No, the IRS has no dollar limit on direct deposit of refunds.  However, direct deposit must only be made to accounts bearing the taxpayer’s name.

Also, In an effort to combat fraud and identity theft, new IRS procedures effective January 2015 will limit the number of refunds electronically deposited into a single financial account or pre-paid debit card to three. 

The fourth and subsequent refunds automatically will convert to a paper refund check and be mailed to the taxpayer.

For more information, see IRS Direct Deposit Limits.

"IreneS Level 14"

Once your refund status on the IRS Where's My Refund? site, shows "Refund Sent" it can take 1 to 5 business days for the financial institution to deposit fund into your account. When checking your refund status, it doesn't show a paper check was sent, does it? Sometimes the IRS will send a check, if they do you would receive a letter explaining why.

Have your verified your account information on your tax return? Please see the link below: How do I review the federal refund method I chose after filing with TurboTax Online?

Cfarley88
Returning Member

After you file

I have triple checked the account and routing number, also this is the first or second time for this account. Irs.gov says that the refund was sent to my bank. My bank has no record of anything. I had a huge loss on my farm this year and need the money. Any help is needed. Thanks

DavidD66
Expert Alumni

After you file

You you may want to contact a Taxpayer Advocate in your area.  See this IRS website for Taxpayer Advocate in your area and a toll free number - http://www.irs.gov/Advocate/Local-Taxpayer-Advocate 

After you file

@ Cfarley88 wrote:

I have triple checked the account and routing number, also this is the first or second time for this account. Irs.gov says that the refund was sent to my bank. My bank has no record of anything. I had a huge loss on my farm this year and need the money. Any help is needed. Thanks

Did you choose to pay any TurboTax fees out of your Federal refund?   If so, the IRS sends the funds to a temporary account set up in your name at an intermediary bank, where the fees are subtracted.   IF you used that optional feature to pay the fees, we can tell you more about that process and how to check on it at the level of the intermediary company.

If you paid your fees upfront by credit/debit card, then that paragraph won't apply to you.

Cfarley88
Returning Member

After you file

Yes, I paid fees to you guys through my refund. But I have gotten no email.or letter from Green Dot Bank like the form said I would

KrisD15
Expert Alumni

After you file

Here is the latest statement we received:

“The IRS is sending stimulus payments to eligible taxpayers who filed a tax return in either 2019 or 2018 and chose direct deposit, and is depositing some stimulus payments onto prepaid debit cards for filers that chose to receive their refund through that method.

For the majority of prepaid debit card holders there is nothing more to do as the stimulus payment will be deposited to their account. If your customer no longer has access to their debit card, we encourage them to visit https://turbodebitcard.intuit.com

The IRS is launching “Get My Payment” where you can track your stimulus payment as well as update banking information if your payment has not yet been issued.

It is slated to be active April 17th.

Get My Payment

After you file

@ Cfarley88 wrote:

Yes, I paid fees to you guys through my refund. But I have gotten no email.or letter from Green Dot Bank like the form said I would

"paid fees to you guys through my refund"

I'm a fellow user in this user community forum.  I'm a forum volunteer, not with TurboTax.

I'm not sure what form, email, or letter you are referring to.  But I can, however, tell you how to check on things at SBTPG, the intermediary company that handles that service when you choose to pay fees out of your Federal refund.  I'll also tell you how to phone them, if necessary.  But you can likely get info with their lookup tool on their website.

You can log in to the lookup tool at SBTPG to see the status of your funds.

To log in, choose the taxpayer portal at:
https://www.sbtpg.com/

SBTPG has a phone contact page at the following link. It also shows their business hours.  Even when they are closed, you may be able to get automated info, or you can log in as above.

https://help.sbtpg.com/hc/en-us/articles/230084587-Contact-Information

After you file

Will I get a stimulating check