dbmellon

I've seen some threads on viewing my TAX SUMMARY, but none of the methods given work. I need a tax summary for my daughter's financial aid application.

I've already downloaded my 2016 TurboTax Return. There is no "Summary Page" included.

After you file

If you have filed your 2016 tax returns and they have been accepted, when you sign onto your online account and are on the Welcome Home screen, click on My TurboTax at the top of the screen.  When you are on your 2016 Timeline, under the section for SOME THINGS YOU CAN DO, click on FASFA info

dbmellon

After you file

Thanks, I had found the "FAFSA" page earlier. That is as close to the needed data as I need to be, although I'm still not clear on what a "Summary Page" is. Is it something official, with a definite format and recognized by various institutions?  Is there necessarily one associated with my, or any, tax return? Or could it be any number of general information pages produced by a preparer, loosely resembling each other, each summarizing the tax return?

After you file

Is the institution specifically asking for something they are calling a "Summary Page?"   No telling what that means from their point of view.  Not everyone uses TurboTax, so people who prepare and file by some other method will not even have a TurboTax-generated summary page.    You may have to ask them what they mean by that term.  Perhaps they are even referring to the first 2 pages of a Form 1040 as a "summary" for all I know.  

But I can tell you how to get some pages that TurboTax refers to as "summary" in its own vernacular.

Is the PDF you downloaded just the basic return? If you downloaded your return with all the worksheets, there are 3 tax summary pages created by TurboTax that are not official forms but informational forms for your records.  As I stated, none may be what the institution wants, since not everyone uses TurboTax.    Moreover, the  pages I mention below may have bank account numbers (for a direct deposit or bank debit)  and other sensitive info on them.

One is called "Tax Summary."
One is "2016 Federal Tax Return Summary."
 One is the "Filing Instructions" which also has the tax return summary on it.

Does your PDF have all the worksheets? If not, look in the 2016 Tax Timeline, go to "Some things you can do" and see if there is a link to "Download all forms and worksheets", which is a larger PDF.

Also look to see what is available in MY DOCS. To get there, log in and click in the top left on MY TURBOTAX, then MY DOCS.

You may have to phone and ask the institution to describe to you exactly what it is that they want as "summary page."  Ask them if they are referring to the first 2 pages of Form 1040 or something different.

If you can't find those pages I mentioned by any of the methods I mentioned above, then the only way to get them is to download the *.tax2016 data file, then you could ask TurboTax Support to see if they would furnish you 2016 software to open the file.   But again, that may still not be what the institution wants; you'll have to ask them to be more specific.
dbmellon

After you file

Thank you for the detailed response. I think this gives me what I require - I'm going with it. Gotta run now!

After you file

You're welcome.  Good luck.