I can not find where I file my Mass Save Heat Loan Program

IreneS
Intuit Alumni

After you file

The Mass Save HEAT Loan Program is a loan program to help fund qualified energy efficient home improvements.

The loan itself is not entered on your return, however the improvements you made may be eligible for credits on the federal and MA returns:

Federal Return

To enter the information for the credit in TurboTax, please follow these steps:

1. Click on Federal Taxes > Deductions & Credits.
  2. In the Your Home section, click on the Start/Revisit box next to Home Energy Credits.  [See Screenshot #1, below.]
  3. On the Energy-Saving Home Improvements screen, click Yes and then Continue. [Screenshot #2]
  4. Continue through the screens until you reach How much did you pay for energy-saving improvements?  This is where you enter the costs for items like, doors, windows and insulation.  [Screenshot #3]  Any expenses for solar electric or heating are entered on the screen,  Enter Any Additional Energy-Efficient Improvements,  a few screens later.
  5. Continue through the screens, entering the requested information.  TurboTax will then calculate any credit.

Massachusetts
If you had expenditures for certain renewable energy source items, such as equipment which uses or transmits solar or wind energy to heat, cool, or provide hot water for your principal residence in Massachusetts, you may qualify for a credit. If you qualify for the credit, complete Schedule EC, Residential Energy Credit, and enter the amount of credit on Schedule CMS.

To enter this in TurboTax:
  1. Go back into your MA return.
  2. Continue to the Massachusetts Credit screen.  Click on the Start/Update box next to Business related non-refundable credits.  [Screenshot #4]
  3. On the next screen, Business Related Non-Refundable Credits, click the blue Yes box.
  4. On the Business Related Non-Refundable Credits screen, select the credit from the drop down list in the Type of Credit box and enter the information on your credit. [Screenshot #5]

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"