jayh24

One of my W2 doesn't have a amount for state wage withheld, do you think they made a mistake or leave it alone.

ShawnaD

After you file

What state did you work in and have taxes withheld?
jayh24

After you file

California
jayh24

After you file

it also doesnt have amount for federal withheld either

After you file

Are the two W-2 forms from the same employer?

After you file

Is it a W2 or something else like a 1099Misc?  Better ask the employer.  Was any federal or state taxes taken out of your checks?
jayh24

After you file

no they are not
jayh24

After you file

its a W2 and i believe so

After you file

Did they take out SS and Medicare (boxes 4&6)?  Maybe you put down exempt at that job.  Or you didn’t make enough on each check to have taxes withheld.
jayh24

After you file

yes they were and I updated my W4 so it shouldnt have been exempt and that could be the case, and another question when i added this W2 my federal refund went down, do you recommend not to put this W2 on there to file?

After you file

All income must be reported.
jayh24

After you file

ok thank you

After you file

You must report all your income on the same tax return.  You can’t pick and choose which or when.  That's common.  It just looks that way because you put them in as separate W2s and saw the tax due change in between them. If it all was on one W2 you would get the same answer. And each job was withholding like it was your only job.

Because you only get one standard deduction and personal exemption (or 2 for Joint), no matter how many W2s you put in. Turbo Tax starts out by giving you the Standard Deduction.  You entered more income when you entered the second W2 but you didn't enter more deductions.  And each job only withheld taxes like it was your only job for the year.  You might want to adjust your withholding.  Also as you add more income you might not be getting as many credits as before like the EIC credit.  And it was probably giving you the EIC credit until you went over.
jayh24

After you file

ok thank you i will file all my W2 i have.