My daughter filed and accidentally claimed herself without checking the spot that asks if anyone else can claim her. I need to amend but couldn't change the dependent to

My daughter filed and accidentally claimed herself by not checking the box asking if anyone else can claim you. I need to amend this but when I tried to answer the first question it wouldn't let me change the claiming number to 0.

After you file

I am going to give you instructions on how to amend her return below.  You need to change a question in the Personal Info section of the program to get the exemption to 0.  Here is how -

• Click the Amend/Change Link (if you don't see this link right on the homepage, hit Taxes tab and select My Tax Timeline - then scroll down to Some Other Things You Can Do and you should see the Amend/Change link)
  • You are going to get a few screens asking basic questions like "Do you really need to amend?", etc ... answer these
  • You will come to a screen with a landing table with a menu of items you can change.  Forms like W2 and 1099R will probably be listed first.  Scroll towards the bottom until you get to the Personal Info section.  Click the Edit button next to this section.  
  • This should bring you to a Personal Info Summary Page.  Click the Edit button next to where her name, SSN, DOB all show
  • This should bring you to the main Your Personal Info entry screen
  • Scroll down to #3 (see screenshot below).  You will need to make sure that both of those questions are changed to YES.  She can be claimed and will be claimed as a dependent.
  • After you make that change, you can hit the Review tab and finish up the amendment (you will get a couple of checks and be prompted to enter why you are amending your return)
  • The program will then allow you to print the 1040X form (the amendment) that you can use to mail to the IRS