esmerflo

Hi I entered wrong sales tax I live in texas and I put 6.25 and its a bit higher how can I change it

After you file

It probably asks for your "total" sales tax rate, i.e., the combined state and local sales tax rate.  When you get to the right screen, read it carefully.

Here's how to get back to the state and local sales tax interview in TurboTax Online:

• Sign into TurboTax, go to the 2016 Tax Timeline,  and choose "Take me to my return."
  • Once the return is open, then up in the top right corner is a SEARCH tab.  Click it, and enter sales tax without quotes.
  • In the results, choose Jump to sales tax and start the interview.
  • It will ask "How do you want to enter your sales tax".  You can enter from all your receipts for the year, or you can choose "EasyGuide."
  • If you choose "EasyGuide", it will figure a standard sales tax deduction based on your location, income, etc.
  • If you choose "Easy Guide", and if you have already been in that section before, the next screen may be a summary screen called "Places you lived."   Click on EDIT to open the sales tax interview.
  • One of the screens will ask you to enter your total state and local sales tax rate.  
  • After that, it will ask if you made any Major Purchases. (only certain types of major purchases are allowed; see the FAQ below).
https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3148443-how-do-you-define-major-purchase-or-major-item-for-the-sal...

View solution in original post