How do I go back in and make changes after paying.

I received another tax document to include in my taxe returns and I already paid for my taxes with Turbotax. I chose to mail in a copy to the IRS, but I have not done so yet.  Is there a way to go back in and make the necessary changes.  I do not want to send it in by mail and have to amend the returns with the new information.
CapB

After you file

To finish or make corrections, if you can no longer make changes to your return, but before you've e-filed or mailed your return, you can "add a state" to make changes:

1.    Sign In to TurboTax Online

2.    Click "My TurboTax" menu

3.    Press "Visit My Tax Timeline" 

4.    Under the "SOME THINGS YOU CAN DO" heading, choose "Add a state" (you're not really adding a state, this allows you to get back into your return). 

5.    Complete/correct as needed.

Loujan
Returning Member

After you file

How do I go back in make changes after paying and I have not filed the taxes yet

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

After you file

In addition to the option CapB provided above, you can also try the following:

• Use the Search tool located in the upper right-hand corner of your screen, Enter the topic you need assistance with.  If you see "Jump to" in the search results, click on it and follow the on-screen instructions.
  • You can try clicking on Tax Tools and then click on Tools.
  • The Tools Center popup will display. You'll see two options Topic Search or Topic List.  In Topic Search you will have to enter a keyword to search for, and in Topic List you can select a section of your return you would like to revisit.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Loujan
Returning Member

After you file

I did not file yet.  I paid to get the lower price, but now I need to go back into my taxes before I file.  How do I do that.  I tried to go in, but I could only go in to amend which I did not want but had no other way.  I am a landlord and did not get the 199 credit on my K-!'s for a start.

After you file

@Loujan wrote:

I did not file yet.  I paid to get the lower price, but now I need to go back into my taxes before I file.  How do I do that.  I tried to go in, but I could only go in to amend which I did not want but had no other way.  I am a landlord and did not get the 199 credit on my K-!'s for a start.

To access your current or prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the userID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

When you sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state. 

This will take you back to the 2019 online tax return.