Working with a tax advocate, how long does it take to get your amended return? Is the date they give you usually accurate?

My Tax Advocate called me May 25th & said the IRS should be done processing my Amended Return on or before June 22nd.

TomD8
Level 15

After you file

The IRS says it can take up to 16 weeks to process an amended return.  Starting 3 weeks after you've submitted the amended return, you can track it here: https://www.irs.gov/filing/wheres-my-amended-return 

**Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute tax or legal advice.
meika175

After you file

@turquoiserose Did you ever receive your refund on the date you was provided? Im going thru a similar situation and im wondering is it really going to take the full 16 weeks. Because if so that will push me out to roughly November and Ive yet to receive anything

After you file

If you haven't received your original refund yet then it takes 6 weeks from the date the irs accepted it with a tax advocate. If you received the original refund already then it will take 16 weeks or more.

After you file

My amended return just now said it was complete September 20th. They made me prove that I support my daughter. I'm now not getting a credit for my college which drops it $1000. At this point I just want it done. I still dont know when I'll get my tax return. Been waiting since February. I also used a tax advocate service.