shotzzz21

I Was Approved & My Refund Date Is February 26 , Is That The Day I Would Receive My Check Am I Ok ?

EdwardLO

After you file

If you received that date from the IRS, that is the date the funds will be released. If you are receiving a check by mail, allow 3-5 days for the check to reach you. If you are receiving direct deposit, you should allow up to 5 days after the deposit date for the check to appear in your account.

View solution in original post

shotzzz21

After you file

So will my "wmr" update on the 26 I checked today & it's still on approved
EdwardLO

After you file

Did you get the date of the 26th from the IRS or from TurboTax? If it was from TurboTax, it's simply an estimate. You would need to continue to check the IRS tracker for updates.
shotzzz21

After you file

I got it from the irs ?
shotzzz21

After you file

It said mailed by the 26 & then refund date February 26? But it still on approved & today is the 24? I need help

After you file

So you are saying if you have direct deposit it will take 5 days after the 26th to get the money in the bank but 3-5 days if you are getting a check?

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

After you file

@Lilguy3232  For direct deposit - Once your refund status on the IRS shows "Refund Sent" it can take 1 to 5 business days for the financial institution to deposit funds into your account.

Then for a paper check, once your refund status on the IRS shows "Refund Sent" it just depends on USPS how long it takes to be delivered via regular mail.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Cmmatthews12345
Returning Member

After you file

I called IRS because I didn't no my Husband name had be on chime card for our texes be deposit in account. Its only in my name.  Thet said when chime sends it back to them it take 5 to 6 weeks get a check mail out 🙊🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️ don't understand why that long it was post deposit in chime account Feb 26

Dp421

After you file

For the last 3 years my refund has been in my bank on the date they gave me !! If you do direct deposit it should be there when ya wake up on that day 

Anonymous
Not applicable

After you file

It wouldn’t take that long. My friend had her refund put in her boyfriend account and Chime returned it back to the IRS because they are a private bank and the check must match the account holder’s name. Long story short, they mailed her a check and it took a week and a half probably less than that. Her refund date was 2/12/2020 and they mailed it out on 02/16/2020 because she saw it on the where’s my refund site and it stated they mailed her a check when see looked on the 16th. Your best bet is to not deal with them any more as far as your taxes. My other friend is currently having problem with them depositing money into her account and they’re not sending her no emails or nothing pertaining to the rejecting her deposits.