After you file

The date you see on TurboTax Refund Tracker is just an estimate based on others that have filed. Only the IRS can provide an exact refund date. Please see here Why can't TurboTax give me an exact refund date? 

And processing means that the government is now processing the return and that can take anywhere from a few days up to 3 weeks, depending on how large of a backlog they are working on. Patience is virtue now. Once they complete processing, the status will update on their site and should change to approved once they approve your refund. 

NOTE: If you claimed Earned Income/Additional Child Tax credit on your return, the government is holding those returns until around mid-February. And refunds from those returns will start releasing in late February. You can find more details on that here PATH Act delayed refunds for some filers

You can use the IRS Where's My Refund site for the latest status on your federal tax refund.

And you can use your State Department of Revenue's website to check status of state tax refund. Choose your state here How do I track my state refund? and it will give you steps to track the status.

View solution in original post