hale2470

The Georgia Department of Revenue has approved your refund claim and the amount is subject to audit verification. Does this mean I am being Audited?

After you file

No, it is standard language included in all their responses. GA is confirming you were not previously audited and owe the state money before they release your refund. 

If you were being audited, you would receive a letter of Proposed Adjustments, which is Georgia's name for an audit.

For more information, follow this link: GA Proposed Assessment  

bdotts

After you file

I received the same letter -the first in the 10 years I've lived in Georgia. The state has already deposited my small refund. So, what's the point of sending this letter this year?
tinamj210

After you file

anyone have update on this?

After you file

This was someone else's response to the same question.. hope this helps.

"You are good to go. That only means that they can still audit your tax return in the future, even though they have sent you your refund.  The Federal government and Georgia have 3 years from the due date of the return (April 17th, 2018) to start an audit.  However, the percentage of returns which get audited is surprisingly small."
awaz

After you file

They have issued the letters in error, per GA DOR. Call the number on the bottom to verify this.

After you file

Can be verified directly on their home page!
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://dor.georgia.gov/dear-taxpayer">https://dor.georgia.gov/dear-taxpayer</a>
tcdand22

After you file

How many people have received this letter besides me?

After you file

Many, many people have received this letter.
tcdand22

After you file

So,is the letter truly an error?  Or does it increased our chances of being audited?
bobobs

After you file

I received an email from "<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="mailto:NoReply@dor.ga.gov">NoReply@dor.ga.gov</a>" advising me to login to view correspondence about the refund I am due.  The hot link on the email took me to a login page.  I do not have a login for GA DOR.  So, I was instructed to create a login.  I did not do that.  I sensed a scam.  Any comments from others about this would be appreciated.
tmather

After you file

I received the same letter too for the first time ever.
tmather

After you file

I too received the same letter in the mail for the first time. And was confused about what it meant exactly. Thanks for clearing that up.
danielandkellyfi
Returning Member

After you file

They sent a notice online that those letters were sent by mistake and to ignore them. Their words were "please excuse our severe error.

After you file

I also received this notice in the mail, but no online notifications, so thank you all for posting!