New Member

Hello, I spoke to my bank and found out that the routing number that was used to sent out my tax return is in Louisiana. But i live in texas and provided a texas routing

Number. My taxes are already sent out, and i dont know what im supposed to do.
New Member

After you file

Since you've already filed, there's really no way to change the account information. What will most likely happen is that the bank in Louisiana will deny the refund, since your information would be incorrect. The refund will be returned to the IRS, then they will issue out a paper check to the address on file.

Please allow an extra 10-15 business days for the check to reach you.

If you can, call the Louisiana bank and make sure they are aware they need to deny the refund, and then you can call the IRS to track your refund.

View solution in original post