Ok I got part of refund and have 151 and 1242 on my wmr. And I'm under audit what is going on

I sent everything in for auit and still only recieved part of refund. Does this mean they want more info. Or they are still reviewing what I send so confused

After you file

If they only sent a partial refund then wait for the letter of explanation that comes in the next 2 weeks to see what they did ... and if you don't agree follow the notice instructions to disagree.
annelms

After you file

How long did you have to wait after you sent everything in?

After you file

I sent my stuff in on March 7th. When I called today they said that I received what taxes I paid in that  was owed to me   But my audit for eic and child credit started on March 22nd and they were still reviewing and they would notify me when it was completed..

After you file

Well then patience will be required.

After you file

Code 1242 simply means that your return was e-filed 3 weeks ago and your refund is frozen while the IRS asks for more information such as a birth certificate for a dependent, etc. 

Tax Topic 151 means your return is under review.  This can be done for various credit claims such as Earned Income Credit or any of the education tax breaks (this is not all inclusive).  Your best bet it to wait until the IRS contacts you via letter which can take up to or more than 4 weeks for you to receive it.

They may simply need more information and nothing will be affected.  In addition, they could potentially make changes which you can accept or contest the changes per the IRS letter.  You may want to use our Audit Support Center to assist you in drafting a response to the letter if you received a notice that requires a response.

If you purchased Audit Defense, you should contact them first - if you don't contact them at the first notice, then they may not be able to assist you with the most beneficial outcome.

Please refer to the link below for our Audit Support Center.  This is free even if you did not purchase Audit Defense.  In addition to using our self-help tools, you can call and talk to a tax expert to assist you in more detail on how to respond.  However, TurboTax experts and employees cannot represent you in front of the IRS.  This is a do-it-yourself method with guidance from an expert.

https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/irs-notice/audit-support/

If you purchased Audit Defense (or MAX Benefits this year if using TurboTax Online), please go to the link below for the third-party that handles these cases.  You can contact them informing them that you received a notice and receive assistance from someone who has experience with IRS notices.

http://www.taxaudit.com/turbo-tax-audit-defense

Answered by TurboTaxAnnaB to this question

After you file

Code 1242 simply means that your return was e-filed 3 weeks ago and your refund is frozen while the IRS asks for more information such as a birth certificate for a dependent, etc. 

Tax Topic 151 means your return is under review.  This can be done for various credit claims such as Earned Income Credit or any of the education tax breaks (this is not all inclusive).  Your best bet it to wait until the IRS contacts you via letter which can take up to or more than 4 weeks for you to receive it.

They may simply need more information and nothing will be affected.  In addition, they could potentially make changes which you can accept or contest the changes per the IRS letter.  You may want to use our Audit Support Center to assist you in drafting a response to the letter if you received a notice that requires a response.

If you purchased Audit Defense, you should contact them first - if you don't contact them at the first notice, then they may not be able to assist you with the most beneficial outcome.

Please refer to the link below for our Audit Support Center.  This is free even if you did not purchase Audit Defense.  In addition to using our self-help tools, you can call and talk to a tax expert to assist you in more detail on how to respond.  However, TurboTax experts and employees cannot represent you in front of the IRS.  This is a do-it-yourself method with guidance from an expert.

https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/irs-notice/audit-support/

If you purchased Audit Defense (or MAX Benefits this year if using TurboTax Online), please go to the link below for the third-party that handles these cases.  You can contact them informing them that you received a notice and receive assistance from someone who has experience with IRS notices.

http://www.taxaudit.com/turbo-tax-audit-defense

Answered by TurboTaxAnnaB to this question

After you file

Don't feel bad I'm still waiting on my 2019,2020,2021 and ,2022 because of this foolishness. All my refunds are on hold and I've sent them hundreds of pages of documents. I never had any problems until 2019. The bad thing here is my ,2019 return was stopped in April of 2020 right and the start of the lockdowns so I was in limbo until early 2021 and until the 2019 is cleared none of my other returns will be released. Almost 30k being held . 

After you file

You may want to contact a Taxpayer Advocate in your area.  See this IRS website for Taxpayer Advocate in your area and a toll free number - http://www.irs.gov/Advocate/Local-Taxpayer-Advocate