cdeeanna

How long do I have to wait on my money once I get the turbo tax prepaid card

After you file

Until the IRS issues your refund.
DeniseF1

After you file

Turbo Prepaid Visa Card

•  Look for your personalized card to be delivered 5-10 business days after ordering it.
  •  As soon as you get your card, activate it online or over phone by following the instructions on the card sticker.
  •  Please note that the estimated 21-day period to receive a refund is calculated from the date that the e-file is successfully submitted AND accepted by the IRS – and not necessarily from the date the customer submits their return in TurboTax

The most accurate place to check your status is the IRS's Where's My Refund? site.

TIP: To avoid delays, be sure the name on the tax return is exactly the same as the name on your Turbo Prepaid Visa Card.

Questions or Problems

If you have any questions or need assistance with your Turbo Prepaid Visa Card, please visit TurboPrepaidCard.com or call us toll-free at (888) 285-4169.

[Edited: 2/7/18 1:05 PM]

After you file

This answer is FALSE!

The statement "Once the IRS accepts your tax return, your refund will be deposited directly to your account." by TurboTaxDeniseF1 is a flagrant lie...  My return was 'Accepted' more than a week ago and I have not received anything on my Turbo card.  

I believe she meant to state "Once IRS 'approves' your refund".  Maybe the answer is "When the IRS issues your refund", in which case - what benefit is the Turbo card to the consumer???  We know TurboTax benefits from every sign-up...  

I see a class action lawsuit brewing.

The only reason I chose to sign up for and have my refund sent to a Turbo card was because of statement #4 in the above answer that was made by a Turbo Tax Tax Pro.

I would never have chosen to sign up for a Turbo card had I known that the information above was false.  As a matter of fact, I would have chosen to use TurboTax's main competitor so I could get the $3000 pre-refund loan they offer.

After you file

You will NOT receive your refund "Once the IRS accepts your tax return, your refund will be deposited directly to your account." as falsely stated by TurboTaxDeniseF1 (listed as a TurboTax Tax Pro) in her response to this question.  

If you are basing your decision to sign up for the card based on this false advertising, you'll be sorely disappointed.

My return was 'accepted by the IRS' on January 29th, over a week ago and I have not received anything on my Turbo card.  If you need money fast, file with their competitor that offers a loan of up to $3000 at time of filing.  That's exactly what I would have done.

After you file

So once its approved you get the refund not when accepted but i called them yesterday and the lady said it was approved but nothing was showing up... And to keep checking my card ... Might call again today but then again whats the point

After you file

Same thing with me. I have my turbo card and my tax’s were accepted by IRS. Yet my account balance is 0 and I am unable to use the Where is my return website for the IRS. It says I don’t have a return. BS!! I would believe that many people are waiting on their money but my friends used paper method and already have their check!!!