JoshuaPierce77
Returning Member

Economic impact payment

I filed as independent in 2021 to receive the first 2 EIPs on with a 1044 fo and received payment but my 1044 was amended as a dependent before I filed my 2021 tax return which was also independent. Will I still receive the 3rd EIP and if not how do I claim Tax fraud to have reimbursement 

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Your post is confusing----so we have to try to understand what you did.   Did you file a 2020 Form 1040 and say that you could not be claimed as someone else's dependent----and receive the stimulus money of $1200 + $600 for the first two stimulus payments--- as a recovery rebate credit?   And was that a mistake---you say you amended that return and had to say that you could be claimed as a dependent.   When you amended did you pay back the money?   Did you pay back the $1800?

And now you say you filed a 2021 return.   Could you be claimed as someone else's dependent for 2021?   Did you have $1400 on line 30 of your 2021 tax return?   Why are you asking about "fraud"?    And what reimbursement are you asking about?   Please explain.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/dependents/help/when-do-i-have-to-answer-yes-to-being-claimed-as-a...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
JoshuaPierce77
Returning Member

I have it solved 

Someone Amended my 2020 tax return which I filed with a 1040 individual income form to claim the first to stimulus checks which I wasn't claimed a dependent on 

The 2nd form I was and I never amended it and I have the 2nd form as proof and I thought that was the reason I hadn't received the third stimulus check because I filed it late so I thought it was being sent using my 2020 return making it go to whoever claimed me as a dependent 

@JoshuaPierce77 - let's start over.

If someone has the right to claim you as a dependent that is their right.  you don't get to give them permission. 

Can you please provide the family situation? How old are you? are you in school? Who is the someone who claimed you as a dependent and did you live with them? How much did you earn in 2021 (all I need to know is more than or less than $4300.

Please provide responses for the situation in 2020 and 2021.  The 1st two stimulus payments relate to 2020 and the 3rd one relates to 2021.