With the new tax law (2018), if I am unable to itemize deductions, can I carry over my charitable contributions?

From what I read, the new tax law will likely mean that I will take the standard deduction for the year. I do, however, have a large amount of charitable donations (furniture and clothes from moving, as well as monetary donations). Since I will not likely hit the itemized donation floor, will I be able to enter these in my tax forms as a carryover for 2019?

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

No, you cannot carry over your 2018 donations.  if you do not have enough itemized deductions to exceed the new higher standard deduction, then you will just get the standard deduction.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

View solution in original post

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4482394-how-will-tax-reform-affect-my-2018-federal-tax-return">htt...>
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**