ronoman3

Does turbo tax home and business file form 1096 Electronically if you file form 1099 misc electronically ?

1099 Box 7 does turbo tax file the 1096 form electronically as well 

JulieCo

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Yes, if you used the online service Quick Employer Forms to e-file your 1099 forms to the federal government, the summary information (equivalent to the printed 1096) required is sent electronically as well with the 1099 file.  Therefore, you do not need to send a 1096 form to the government for the 1099 forms e-filed.

Quick Employer Forms FAQs

View solution in original post

iagt
Level 2

I purchased the download version of Turbotax Home and Business 2022. Quick Employer Forms is not recognizing this and will not let me proceed. How do I efile my 1099s?

Are you on Windows or Mac?  

In the Window's Home & Business or Business Desktop program to Prepare W2s or 1099s, go to Start a New Return or File-New Return.

Then on the next screen it asks What would you like to do?

Check the circle that says Prepare W-2s and 1099s for my employees or contractors.  Then that will expand and give you a choice to prepare them online or on your computer.

If you select to do them online using the Quick Employer Forms the forms are efiled to the IRS.  You then print the copies to give out to your people and print copies for yourself.  See this for more info…..

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/forms/help/what-is-quick-employer-forms/00/25916

If you select to do them on your computer you are responsible to mail the forms to the IRS.

Another way to get to the Quick Employer Forms QEF is to go to the Business tab - Continue

Select I'll Choose what I work on (if it comes up)

Top item Profit or Loss from Business Click Update or Start

Click Edit by your Business

Then either

Scroll down to Business Expenses

On Other Common Business Expenses, click the start or update button

There are two sections where you can start using the QEF for contractors or employees.

For contractors, on Contract Labor, click the start or update button

On the screen "Enter Contract Labor Expenses" there is shown "Create and file W-2s and 1099s online with TurboTax Quick Employer Forms." and a "Start here" blue highlighted link.  This will take you to the QEF website.

iagt
Level 2

Thank you so much. This worked. (I am on the Windows version)