I got rejected and it showed this If Form 1040, 'PrimaryClaimAsDependentInd' is not checked, then the Primary SSN must not be the same as a Dependent SSN on another return.

DanaB
Expert Alumni

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

If someone claimed you as a dependent then you will need to check on the return that you have been claimed as a dependent. Please follow the instructions below:

1. Login to your TurboTax Account 
  2. Click "My Info" from the left side of your screen
  3. Click “Edit” next to your name
  4. Please scroll down to “3. A few other things we need to know”  and check the answer under “Someone else can claim me as a dependent on their tax return

If nobody has the right to claim you as a dependent then you will have to print and mail your tax return. 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3401713

View solution in original post

what if no one has claimed you and you still get this error

AnnetteB6
Employee Tax Expert

If you are getting the rejection error that you have been claimed as a dependent on another return and you do not know of anyone who could have claimed you, then your best solution may be to file your return by mail.  That way the IRS would take a look at the return that claimed you in order to determine if that person was eligible to claim you or not.  

Alternatively, see the following TurboTax article in the event that you suspect this claim could have been due to tax-related identity theft:

What to do if you suspect tax-related identity theft?

@llparrish65

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"