Get your taxes done using TurboTax

@mokena44 wrote:

Activation screen comes up blank

@mokena44 Suggestions are contained in this thread.

Try changing your resolution to a lower one. 

Also, if you installed TurboTax initially with a USB flash drive inserted in your computer, ensure that the drive is inserted.

Returning Member

I spent over 2 hours with customer service  on 8/28/21 to fix the blank activation screen on my new lg gram laptop with out success. It now has been  elevated to an investigation case. I can't believe this is issue has gone one since December and they don't have a work around for customers that have a valid license number. Its on my old computer and wanted to download it to the new one. I tried changing resolution, running as adm, ran scan for windows errors and  also did a manual download and update of turbo tax premier 2020. Ironically  I could download the quicken subscription with out a problem to the new computer.   Maybe they  should  collaborate/merge with quicken again.

@0505 

This might not work since you indicated it was the first install on a new computer, but it would not hurt to try the procedure.

Download and install Revo Uninstaller (fee version) and use that to uninstall TT20 using the aggressive setting. When that finishes it will go further to show all the leftover registry entries. If you have earlier versions of TT installed these will also be shown there. Just select all the registry entries with TT20 (maybe TY20) in the registry key name, and delete those. This will fix the problem. Takes about 3 minutes.

https://www.revouninstaller.com/products/revo-uninstaller-free/

rrixman
Returning Member

I bought Home and Business version from Amazon,  4JN5-USVH-WAKC-YD9M, AND can't activate it on my new Windows computer. Need immediate help to file in time for my tax extension. You also have the wrong last four digits of my phone number: [phone number removed]. My former computer was 

Apple and that has caused the problem. Help!

Did you buy the download from Amazon?   Then it was only for Mac.  (The CD has both Windows & Mac on it).  So you need the Windows download.  Call support and ask.

Contact Customer Service

(You need to pick the CD/Download program in the product drop down box.) 
5am-5pm Pacific Time
Monday-Friday
https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

What is the Turbo Tax phone number
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

palmerwin1188
Returning Member

I'm trying to install turbotax home and business 2020 on my desktop running windows 10. Each time the installaton hangs up at 9%.

Are you trying to install from the CD or the download?

Windows Troubleshooting Installation…..

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/troubleshooting/help/troubleshoot-installing-and-running-turbotax-...

Tdury1987

Error
Unexpected System Error
Sorry for the inconvenience. Please contact your administrator for assistance and provide the reference number below to help locate and correct the problem.
Reference#: 7869-4480
Tdury1987

Gets stuck on the activation screen

rrixman
Returning Member

7869-4480

gatorbait1
Returning Member

After installing Turbo Tax 2020, from a CD, on a new laptop, a blank activation screen appears. Cannot enter the license code anywhere. The installation worked fine on old laptop.

kh98771
Returning Member

TurboTax 2021 install fails on Activation - screen is blank- This is a resolution and scaling issue. 
Have the cx open the display setting While the activation screen is present, you don't have to close it. If you close and reopen, the screen is again blank and you have to start again. (this has been my experience) Change their resolution to 800 x 600 and make sure the scaling is on 100% (start>setting >system resolution for Windows System Preferences-Display-Change Display for a Mac)
Once it's been changed, your screen size will look very big. REMEMBER your initial resolution setting!
The activation screen should now show.
Enter or copy / paste in your activation code. The cx may not see the activation code when typing it in the box, but it is there. Click activate. It may not do anything at that moment but as soon as you go to close it, the customer is then taken to the begin screen.
Change your resolution back to what is was originally.

*****This is only if the screen is blank. If there are Dots circling around, it is the antivirus blocking the software. You will need to add Intuit as a trusted site/ excluded program to the antivirus software, of turn off the firewall. Restart after making these changes. 

The disc will NOT upload to my computer. When I insert the disc, it revs up like it is going to load but abruptly stops and nothing happens. I think the disc is defective. 

@AllanMcGraw wrote:

The disc will NOT upload to my computer. When I insert the disc, it revs up like it is going to load but abruptly stops and nothing happens. I think the disc is defective. 

See this TurboTax support FAQ for obtaining a download of the software - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/installing/help/i-bought-the-cd-but-my-computer-doesn-t-have-a-cd-...

Icj

So I had the problem where TT would not install, no dialog box, just accept terms, choose location for files, click next and the progress box would pop up and promptly disappear including the initial winzip box. This was not only for TT but another program I had downloaded a couple weeks back. 

Changing the "s mode" solution didn't show up as described and the instructions were the same as on Windows Help as well. 

What worked for me:

Go to the Settings App>Update and Security> (at the bottom) For Developers> and then turn on the Developer Mode 

You may have to restart but I was now able to install all my software.