TurboTax keeps trying to update, but doesn’t ever finish. Any suggestions?

Tried the recommended download, but can’t open it.

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

If you are using WIN 10 then uninstalled OS updates can hang up the TT program updates ... install the WIN updates at least 3 times and then reboot the computer.   Then try updating the TT program making sure you are using an administrator account, the program is installed on the C drive  and that you don't have any removable drives in the USB ports.  

If that does not work try a manual update:

IF on a Windows system, did you try checking for your Windows updates, and then rebooting?

Any  partially-installed recent Windows updates, on anyone's computer, have been known to block TTX updates from completing until the Windows update is fully installed and rebooted.  I know a Windows update was released sometime in the last two weeks.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

Thanks for your reply. I'm on auto-install for Windows updates. latest Windows update was installed earlier this week, Monday or Tuesday. Yesterday I was able to open Turbo Tax 2020 after doing a normal TT update. But today could not open it even after 2 more normal TT updates. Plus two tries today using the recommended 191MB update which did ot work either .

If you are using WIN 10 then uninstalled OS updates can hang up the TT program updates ... install the WIN updates at least 3 times and then reboot the computer.   Then try updating the TT program making sure you are using an administrator account, the program is installed on the C drive  and that you don't have any removable drives in the USB ports.  

If that does not work try a manual update:

Jackshx

Reboot your computer. If it still does not update, try reinstalling TurboTax