ddancti

Can someone tell my why completecheck fails on my spouses personal info? I'm filing as married, head of household and not filing jointly. Who does completecheck fail?

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

You are confused about your filing status.  If you are filing as Head of Household that is it. If you live with your spouse you cannot be HOH.
Edited 8:45 a,m.
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

If youre married and live with your spouse, you cannot file Head of Household.

If you don't live with your spouse, and youre filing Head of Household, you don't enter any of your spouses information on the tax return.
♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
ddancti

I am still married. I don't live with my spouse, I am filing Head of Household, and filing separately. TurboTax requires my wife's info. If I input my wife's info completecheck fails. If I don't enter my wife's info complettecheck fails. I'm stuck in a loop and completecheck continually fails. Help????
ddancti

Do I ignore completecheck and attempt to file my taxes?

If youre filing HOH it shouldn't be asking for any spouse info.
♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

Am I Head of Household?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1894553-do-i-qualify-for-head-of-household

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2900097-what-is-a-qualifying-person-for-head-of-household

If you qualify as Head of Household, when you enter your filing status (single or married filing separately) into Personal Info, and then enter your qualifying dependent, TurboTax will offer HOH as your filing status.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**