I don't have any 1099-DIV's. But, "My Income" says that my "Dividends on 1099-DIV" "needs review. What does Turbotax want me to do?

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/accessing/help/how-do-i-view-and-delete-forms-in-turbotax-online/0...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

You might have transferred one from last year. It is still waiting for you to fill it in.  Go back and delete any duplicates or empty forms.

Federal taxes tab

Wages & Income

Interest and Dividends

Interest on 1099-INT - Click the Start or Update button or

Dividends on 1099-DIV- Click the Start or Update button

Or did you import any 1099 from your broker or funds?

View solution in original post

This Turbotax account has no previous years in it, so that is not the source. 

I did not do any imports from any brokers or funds, so that is not the source. 

I do have 1099-INT, and other 1099's, but no 1099-DIV, so that is not the source.  

I have repeatedly cycled through clicking the Start or Update button on the line flagging that I Need to Review my 1099-DIV, but since I have nothing to enter, it just returns me to the same screen with the "Need to Review" showing in Red. 

I have now also tried voice support with a std tech and two different CPA's, but to no avail.  Each ended up saying that it won't go a way and that it won't affect Turbotax's preparation of my return for submission. 

Thank you for your response.  May God find you and bless you. 

ogetready  wrote:

This Turbotax account has no previous years in it, so that is not the source. 

I did not do any imports from any brokers or funds, so that is not the source. 

I do have 1099-INT, and other 1099's, but no 1099-DIV, so that is not the source.  

I have repeatedly cycled through clicking the Start or Update button on the line flagging that I Need to Review my 1099-DIV, but since I have nothing to enter, it just returns me to the same screen with the "Need to Review" showing in Red. 

I have now also tried voice support with a std tech and two different CPA's, but to no avail.  Each ended up saying that it won't go a way and that it won't affect Turbotax's preparation of my return for submission. 

Thank you for your response.  May God find you and bless you. 

You said you had no 1099-DIV.  Do you have any dividend income at all from another type of form?   For example, did you happen to have any dividends on a Schedule K-1 by any chance that could have ended up in the 1099-DIV section by mistake?   K-1 dividends are entered in a different interview section and do not use a 1099-DIV Worksheet.

If not, then try the following to see if TurboTax somehow created a phantom 1099-DIV worksheet that you need to get rid of.   

• Open your online return, and in the left menu column click on TOOLS, then TAX TOOLS.
  • In the Tools window select "Delete a Form".
  • Look through the list of forms and see if there is a 1099-DIV Worksheet that is not needed.  It might say something like "1099-DIV Worksheet (Untitled)" or similar.  Be careful not to delete any form that you need.