Joint tax return filed with W7 for spouse.passport is in her maiden name they sent it back. Shes about to get Ssn soon.If she gets ssn how can we change it on tax return?

mailed in my joint tax return with my spouses itin w7 application on may 8 2021. Since her passport was in her maiden name they have just sent back the passport and said the information did not match as the maiden name is on the passport and the married name is on the itin application and tax return. She is about to get her Ssn soon and the itin retuned letter states to send back the appropriate documentation by October. If she gets the ssn how can we change it so that the itin application is voided and the ssn goes on the tax return? She doesn’t have any other valid ids with married name on it yet that is in the list of appropriate documentation for the irs. What would be the best way to go about this? Appreciate the help in advance.

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

did you read the w-7?

• Don’t submit this form if you have, or are eligible to get, a U.S. social security number (SSN).

For turbotax online, follow these instructions to re-open your file, add the SSN, and then e-file.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/e-file/help/how-do-i-change-from-mail-to-e-file-in-turbotax-online...

I would respond to the notice that you will now wait for the SS# and so the ITIN is no longer needed.