taxingtax

Schedule oi line f

1040 NR schedule oi

Hi - Can someone please clarify the below question on sched oi of 1040 nr? Thanks 

I cant tell if they are asking whether you changed visa type in just the last year or if they are asking whether you changed your visa type in last however many years? The instructions seem to say its just last year. Specifically I want to ask what should one answer if they have a  old visitor visa and then get a student visa?

Have you ever changed your visa type (nonimmigrant status) or U.S. immigration status? . . . . . . . . Yes No If you answered “Yes,” indicate the date and nature of the change

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

If you need to use a 1040NR you should not be using TurboTax.  TurboTax does not support Form 1040NR.

NON RESIDENT ALIEN  

If you are a non-resident alien, your return must be filed on Form 1040NR, which cannot be prepared using TurboTax.  You can use TT’s partner, sprintax:

https://www.sprintax.com/non-resident-alien-tax-1040nr-turbotax.html

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
taxingtax

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Thanks, I know but I dont know that they have a forum to ask questions so wanted to check here..