If I didn't file my 2019 Return with TurboTax, will I be able to download the software, manually enter the information from my return and e-file a 1040X?

There are two different places on TurboTax that state conflicting answers about e-filing an amended 2019 1040 return. Either way, would this be possible on the software if I didn't originally file with TurboTax?

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

NO ... if you did not use TT to file the original return you cannot use it to EFILE an amended return which is really a mute subject since you cannot use the TT program to efile ANY 2019 amended returns at all.   If you used a paid tax pro last year then return to them and see if they can efile a 2019 amended return ... some can and some cannot. 

And you can only efile an amended return if the original return was efiled from the same account or program.

Do you still want to use Turbo Tax to amend?

For prior years you have to buy the Desktop program.  You can only buy the download for prior years.  You have to buy a separate program for each year.  They only sell the last 3 years.  You need a full Windows or Mac computer to install it on.  Buy the download here   

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/past-years-products/

If you don't have the original.tax file you have to first recreate the actual wrong original return.  You can use the Forms Mode.  Then when it matches each line that you really filed you have to tell Turbo Tax you will mail it so it thinks it was filed.  Then you can amend it.

How to amend a Desktop return,

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/how-do-i-amend-my-2019-return-in-the-turbotax-cd-d...

@bassplayajermz  "I didn't file my 2019 Return with TurboTax"

You must have a copy of the original tax return you want to update (or a transcript).

The simplest way is to prepare your correct tax return (manually for example, or with TurboTax or other 2019 tax software) and print it.
Then lay the paper printouts of both returns (correct and original) side-by-side.
You now have all the information needed to prepare Form 1040-X by hand.
It's pretty straight-forward.

The blank form in fillable PDF format and its instructions are available at www.irs.gov.

If you don't want to do it manually,

you might as well buy the cheapest 2019 tax software you can find, which ordinarily is not TurboTax.

BUT

amazon has a low price on Premier program right now; only that version for some reason.