My e-file was rejected so I mailed my return and made my tax payment on the IRS website. Will I have to contact my bank to "reverse" the Pending charge?

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

How did you pay the federal taxes owed on the IRS website?  If you paid either by direct debit or by credit card the payment should have posted to your bank account or credit card account.

Is the Pending payment an additional payment for the taxes owed or what you selected on the IRS payment website for direct debit?

When the return was rejected the payment info was not sent to the IRS and the "pending" charge should automatically be dropped after a couple of days.  Contact your bank or CC company for their policy on such matters.  

View solution in original post

Thanks for the reply!  I should have been more clear.  I paid by with direct debit on the IRS website and it has cleared with no issue.  However, the next day, a pending payment for the rejected e-file submission showed on my account.  So, basically it is like I have been charged twice.  One payment cleared and one in Pending status.  I am a Texas resident impacted by the storms so our deadline was June 15th.

Thanks for the reply.  That makes sense.