I tried online version

hi  new to Turbotax   completed info online (no charge) and like the results but want to see every form and check before filing .  How do I  now purchase the downloade version (premier- i have foreign income and a rental property) yet ensure the data I entered is preserved.  Thanks

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Yes you can switch to the Desktop program and open your online return.  And the Desktop program has more features and advantages over online.  And you can buy a lower version. All the Desktop programs have the same forms. You just get more help and guidance in the higher versions. 

You can move your Online file to the Desktop program and continue without paying for Online or needing to reenter your info.

To continue in the desktop version see this…….

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/choosing-a-product/help/how-do-i-switch-from-turbotax-online-to-th...

After you get the program installed the first thing to do before you open your tax return .tax file is to update the program and install any state programs you had. Then open your file. So you first might need to start a fake return to be able to download the state program (go to FILE - NEW).

You can buy the CD/Download here,

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/cd-download

1. Sign in and open or continue your return.
  2. Select Tax Tools and then Tools from the left menu.
  3. In the Tools Center pop-up, select Save your 2020 return to your computer.
  4. The file will download with the name taxReturn.tax2020.
  5. (Optional) Locate the downloaded file and change the default filename to something more recognizable, for example  JohnDoeTaxReturn.tax2020 (just make sure you don't change the filename extension to the right of the dot).

Or you can stay on the ONLINE version if you like ... use the print center to preview the return prior to filing ...

How do I preview my TurboTax Online return before filing?

You can view your entire return or just your 1040 form before you e-file:

1. Open or continue your return.
  2. Select Tax Tools in the left menu (if you don't see this, select the menu icon in the upper-left corner).
  3. With the Tax Tools menu open, you can then:
    • Preview your entire return: Select Print Center and then Print, Save, or Preview This Year's Return (you may be asked to register or pay first).
    • View only your 1040 form: Select Tools. Next, select View Tax Summary in the pop-up, then Preview my 1040 in the left menu.

Thanks for your helpful response

I decided to purchase the downloadable version and did so paying $54.  However I am unable to install as my computer is a company computer and has a firewall.  How do I return the license and get a refund from Turbotax/ Intuit .  It seems challenging to contact them directly  thanks for your advice

Thanks for your helpful response

I decided to purchase the downloadable version and did so paying $54.  However I am unable to install as my computer is a company computer and has a firewall.  How do I return the license and get a refund from Turbotax/ Intuit .  It seems challenging to contact them directly  thanks for your advice

You can go here TurboTax CD/Download Refund Request Form to request a refund if still within 60 days of purchase. 

Call in for a refund.  When you fill out the from use the word BILLING ISSUES instead of the word “refund.”

Contact Customer Service 

https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

You can use this online refund request form.

https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/forms/refund-request.jsp

Hi 

the best part of Turbotax are your fantastic responses which are so helpful   Thank you.  Ok so unfortunately my (work) computer has a firewall so was unable to download the desktop version which is a great shame since I have forms like 1116 that I want to review before filing. I followed your instructions and on line was able to review the 1040 (but not the associated schedules 1,,3 etc nor Sched A, E etc, nor other forms like 1116, nor any important worksheets  Please advise: if I purchase ie pay for the on line version can one view all the forms  and associated worksheets in detail before or even without filing.  Im trying to use TT as a check to see if I decide to file myself or go to an accountant, so am interested in the calculations on the forms and worksheets even more than the actual filing of the return.  Thanks for advising

@ScubaGT63 wrote:

Hi 

the best part of Turbotax are your fantastic responses which are so helpful   Thank you.  Ok so unfortunately my (work) computer has a firewall so was unable to download the desktop version which is a great shame since I have forms like 1116 that I want to review before filing. I followed your instructions and on line was able to review the 1040 (but not the associated schedules 1,,3 etc nor Sched A, E etc, nor other forms like 1116, nor any important worksheets  Please advise: if I purchase ie pay for the on line version can one view all the forms  and associated worksheets in detail before or even without filing.  Im trying to use TT as a check to see if I decide to file myself or go to an accountant, so am interested in the calculations on the forms and worksheets even more than the actual filing of the return.  Thanks for advising

Go to this TurboTax website to request a refund for the software purchased from TurboTax - https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/forms/refund-request.jsp
Use this TurboTax website to check your orders and payments -
https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/cd-download/order-status/

To view, print or download the complete tax return including all worksheets you would need to pay the TurboTax online account fees.

To pay the TurboTax online account fees by credit card, without completing the 2020 return at this time, click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen. Then click on Print Center. Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return. On the next page, to pay by credit card, click Pay Now. The next screen will show a review of your Fees, click on Continue. Complete the next screen to pay by credit card and click Continue.