p4u11983

I was trying to have my return depostied in to my fiance account I just got an email saying that they can not do that because my name is not on her account. What do i do

How do I change my deposit info with its. Since they are sending it back to irs

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

You cannot change the direct deposit information after the tax return has been filed and accepted by the IRS.

Since the bank rejected the deposit and returned it to the IRS then the IRS will be mailing the refund check to the address on the tax return.

expect it to take months before you get the check. 

Your refund will take longer now----you should not try to have money deposited into an account that does not have your own name on it.    The IRS will end up mailing a check to the address on your tax return.  Going forward, either get your own bank account or get added to the account that your soon -to- be spouse already has.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901159-can-i-deposit-my-tax-refund-into-someone-else-s-account

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

@Mike9241 

That's not very encouraging, and probably wrong.

A refused deposit doesn't need human intervention. It should arrive in the mail promptly.