New Member
This widget could not be displayed.

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

So most of my tax return came from my dependent (daughter). Turns out this year my old SSI bill of overpayment was to be taken out and I had no idea. Both my wife or I could have claimed our daughter (we filed seperately). What kind of issues would I run into if I ammended so my wife claimed the dependent besides the obvious bill I'd have from the IRS? Its pretty much my last resort since Social Security said I'm not getting the money back (according to the rep). I don't mind setting up a payment plan with the IRS and paying off the rest of it with next years return, was just kinda banking on my return this year..