"AMT Special Depreciation Allowance Ded" to be entered and I don't know where to find the amount in the software. Can you help me?

where is AMT Special Depreciation Allowance Dec found
ColeenD3
Expert Alumni

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

After you enter your asset and go through all the steps of selecting special depreciation, worksheets will generate. Form 4562 has an AMT version of the depreciation. For most people regular depreciation and AMT depreciation are the same.

For property placed in service after 1998, if the 200% declining balance (DB) MACRS method is used for regular tax purposes, depreciation must be recalculated for AMT purposes using 150% DB MACRS. The difference between regular depreciation and this redetermined amount is an income adjustment subject to inclusion in Alternative Minimum Tax Income (AMTI).

AMT

I am not able to get to that worksheet. I went through the entire TurboTax program and this question popped up when checking my return. Unlike earlier entries where there is usually a "help" tab, there is nothing for this.

This seems like a sort of "glitch" in the software. It should have been addressed while entering assets and depreciation but seemed to be left out.

Any suggestions how we might figure this entry? It's preventing me from finalizing my return.

It is a glitch. If you click on "view" at the top menu and choose "forms", it will take you to the actual form or worksheet. In this case it's a the asset entry worksheet. The asset listed at the top should also be listed on both lines k and l.  There is a plus sign next to both. You can click that plus sign next to each entry and a separate worksheet opens. Re-enter the asset information at the top of the page (name and value) and it will automatically fill in both boxes.