Do i have to file my 2019 before before 2020

My name is Patrick jones an my application keeps getting rejected can someone look at my application and fix it

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

we can't see your returns.  as to whether you should file '20 b/4 '19 it depends on whether or not there would be any items on '19 that would carry over/forward to '20. if so, then you should do '19 so the carryovers/carryforwards to '20 are correct and in the return.  to e-file 20 use 0 (zero) for 2019 AGI

@ cubaman702 wrote:
Do i have to file my 2019 before before 2020
My name is [removed] an my application keeps getting rejected can someone look at my application and fix it

This is a public user community forum. You should not post any personal info in this public forum.  If you want to edit your question to remove your personal info, you can click the tiny blue 3-dot icon just to the right of your question and choose EDIT.

You appear to be using Live Self-Employed. In that product, you are paying extra for live help from a tax expert and a review of your return (if desired) prior to filing.

FAQ:  How to connect with a live tax expert
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/expert-review/help/how-do-i-connect-with-a-tax-expert-in-turbotax-...

To get help here in this community forum, you need to explain your situation about why it is rejecting.  Do you have the rejection error code?  Is it rejecting because of the 2019 AGI?   If so, then use a 2019 AGI of 0 (zero) if you did not file a 2019 return.

"Do i have to file my 2019 before before 2020"

No, it is not required to file 2019 first; you can file the 2020 return first, if desired, since the 2020 return can be efiled. The 2019 return cannot be efiled--it would have to be printed and mailed, which will take the IRS weeks to months to process.  However, some people might need to at least prepare 2019 first if it has carryover items (for example, capital loss carryover, depreciation items, etc.) that the 2020 return would need in order to prepare a correct 2020 return.    Does your 2020 return need such items from a 2019 return to correctly report and calculate the 2020 return?

NOTE:   If you did not file a 2019 return last year, then when efiling the 2020 return you would use a 2019 AGI of 0 (zero) to verify your 2020 efiling.

ADDENDUM:

In order to prepare the 2019 return with TurboTax, you would need to use 2019 desktop software.  The 2019 return cannot be prepared in Online TurboTax, which is now only for 2020 returns.

If you need to purchase 2019 software, you can buy it directly from TurboTax as a download here:

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/past-years-products/

The 2019 return cannot be efiled; it has to be printed, signed, dated, and mailed.  It's recommended to mail by a method that has tracking such as certified mail, priority mail, etc.   If you have both Federal and state returns, the Federal return goes to the IRS and the state return to the state tax agency.

If you started a 2019 return last year in Online TurboTax and didn't finish it, we can tell you how to download the *.tax2019 data file to continue preparing the 2019 return in the desktop software.   If you already paid for a 2019 product last year, then TurboTax Support should furnish you the 2019 software.